At Royal Rise we inspire the children to be the best they can be
The richness of our high-quality curriculum opens doors for children to become responsible educated citizens, introducing them to the best that has been thought and said.
Equality and SEND
We ensure that our curriculum is inclusive of SEND and ensures that there are equal opportunities for all children in our school. Our provision allows pupils with learning and physical difficulties the opportunity to follow a broad and balanced curriculum specifically tailored to develop life skills and to give pupils self-confidence through their learning thus enabling them to maximize their potential and to work independently. All children have full access to the curriculum, although where required appropriate adaptations are made to suit the needs of individual pupils, for example:
- differentiated resources
- use of ICT
- extra adult support
- different ways of evidencing learning
- pre-teaching of vocabulary
- using PIXL to plan for SEND pupils
We promote the highest aspirations for our children to become self-motivated, independent learners who are well prepared for later life and thrive in modern day society.
What do we want the children to know and learn?
Our curriculum reflects the ambition of the National Curriculum in developing knowledge and skills. It is designed particularly to:
- develop speech language and communication,
- raise personal ambition,
- improve fine and gross motor skills,
- develop a positive sense of self and respect for others,
- give rich experiences to develop knowledge and understanding of the world
- solve problems
- promote reflection, collaboration and respect
- accurately articulate their thoughts and opinions through the proactive acquisition of technical and non-technical vocabulary.
We do this through subject specific pedagogy:
- Design and Technology
- Modern Foreign Languages
Implementation of our Curriculum
Sunday 18 July 2021 Sports Partnership award! We're proud to announce that we've been awarded 'Most improved school' by the Tonbridge & West Kent School Sports Partnership!
Monday 10 May 2021 It's ACE Week! What an exciting start to the week it's been, we've seen some excellent collaboration amongst the children across the school, as they work together in groups to show off their subject knowledge!
Tuesday 20 April 2021 Ramadan Celebrations Across the school, we have been learning about Ramadan this week. Two of our year 3 children bought in their beautiful prayer mats and explained how they celebrate Ramadan with their families.
Monday 19 April 2021 We're excited to show you what we've been up to during half term! Mr & Mrs Cheeseman and a small team of volunteers have been incredibly busy transforming our central area into a fantastic sensory and vegetable garden. There's lots of lovely plants, which are perfect for a sensory space, a variety of calming musical instruments as well as a 'sensory walk' with a variety of different textures. We can’t wait for all our children to experience the sensory garden and reap the benefits that an outside learning space can bring to deepen children’s learning and experience of the world around them. But it doesn't stop there!
Thursday 26 November 2020 Geography Day The whole school had a FANTASTIC day celebrating countries around the world. Read on to find out more...
Friday 13 November 2020 Diwali Celebrations The children at Royal Rise had a fantastic afternoon celebrating Diwali. They all learnt about why it is celebrated and the story of the festival of light. Children dressed up as key characters, sequenced the story, made Rangoli patterns, completed quizzes and had lots of fun! Happy Diwali!
Class Curriculum Maps
- T5 Reception Newsletter 2022 2023
- Year 1 Curriculum Communication sheet Term 5 and 6
- Year 2 Curriculum Communication sheet Term 5 and 6
- Year 3 Curriculum Communication sheet Term 5 and 6
- Year 4 Curriculum Communication sheet Term 5 and 6
- Year 5 Curriculum Communication sheet Term 5 and 6
- Year 6 Curriculum Communication sheet Term 5 and 6
Find out more
To find out more about our curriculum please contact us